Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 4/15/18
The 33rd Annual Georgia Renaissance Festival announces weekly themes for the 2018 Festival located just minutes from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Airport on I-85 at the Fairburn/Peachtree City exit. Open Saturdays, Sundays and Memorial Day, 10:30 am to 6 pm, April 14 – June 3, 2018.
2018 THEMED WEEKENDS
Featuring a new Renaissance adventure and/or special ticket promotion every weekend! (Subject to change.) In addition to the themed weekends, we have a Pub Crawl twice daily, starting a 12:30 pm and again at 2:15pm, and NEW THIS YEAR we are hosting a Fairy Tea Party at 1 pm. Tickets for these events are can be purchased at the Information Booth, just inside the Front Gate.
– April 14 & 15: Opening Weekend 2 For 1 – Buy 1 Adult Ticket-Get 1 FREE – SAVE $23.95! Let the FUN begin with a BOGO!
– April 21 & 22: Kids Free Weekend – Sponsored by Superior Play Systems – Up to 4 Children FREE with Paid Adult; Enjoy activities in the Superior Play Systems Kids Kingdom Play Area, Costume Contests and More!
– April 28 & 29: Time Warp Weekend – A weekend of Cosplay and Costume Contests where Fantasy meets History, and Superheroes meet Royalty
o Also, Pet Friendly Weekend – Bring your Dog or Cat on a leash. Enter the pet costume contest. See the website for pet registration form and full details – www.GArenfest.com
o And, College Weekend Too! $8 at the Gate with valid College ID
– May 5 & 6: Maytoberfest Weekend – This weekend sample a variety of German Beers and Bavarian Food while enjoying special guest musicians.
– May 12 & 13: Highland Weekend – The Village welcomes the Scottish and Irish this weekend. Bagpipes, drums and kilted dancers abound. Bring your clan! Sunday is Mother’s Day – The first 100 Moms thru the gate get a flower.
– May 19 & 20: Pirate’s Weekend – Pirates of all ages are welcome to compete in the Costume Contests, or play Walk the Plank Trivia. It’s a weekend full of fun and mischief for Pirates of all ages! Sunday, May 20 is ASL Celebration Day. American Sign Language interpreters will be on stage at select shows throughout the day.
– May 26, 27 & 28: Memorial Weekend – 3 Days to Play! The Festival is open Saturday, Sunday and Memorial Day Monday. Bring the Family out on this holiday weekend. All military get in free at the Gate with ID, plus up to 4 family members get in for just $8 each.
– June 2 & 3: Romance Weekend – Last chance to find romance at the 2018 Festival. Take part in a Mass Renewal of Vows Ceremony on Saturday or Sunday. Last chance for a turkey legges and a frothy ale, too. See the exciting finale of the 2018 Equus Maximum Joust Show, and all of your favorite Festival performers one more time, ‘cause after this weekend, we’re History… ‘til next year!
Purchase discount tickets online: https://www.garenfest.com/