OOH LA LA! LE PIG POP-UP EXPERIENCE DEBUTS MARCH 17
Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 3/18/23
Latest Blind Pig Parlour Bar Pop-Up Transports Guests to a French Fantasy of Food, Beverages and Ambiance
Let them eat cake…and drink Champagne when The Blind Pig Parlour Bar transforms into Le Pig, for destination dining with a French flair. No passports are needed for guests to embark on a journey and slip away for a whimsical French escape like no other. Imagine an evening strolling under the twinkling lights of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées or perhaps sliding into a quiet Parisian bistro for light bites with fabulous cocktails. Mais, non? Do you prefer the sunny South? Bien sûr! How about ethereal blue skies and sun-kissed fields of lavender? C’est la belle vie at Le Pig.
Orchestrated by Kim Fong, lead designer for Southern Proper Hospitality Group, the Buckhead speakeasy famous for its eclectic ambiance will magically transform into a romantic, chic and energetic celebration of all things French.
“We want to create an experience where we make people happy!” says Fong. “Modern life means everyone works hard and is busy all the time. Le Pig will be a place for fantasy, fun and escape. Each design vignette is different, engaging diners to be in the moment and let go for a little while.”
Le Pig is guaranteed to bring out the Francophile in guests. Every detail—from the carefully sourced ingredients of the tantalizing hors d oeuvres to the notes of la musique—is carefully curated by the talented teams at Southern Proper Hospitality Group. “Each pop-up is different, and we always want to do something we haven’t done before. It’s like an art installation. We each work closely to tie all of the experience together,” Fong continues.
The gastronomical center of Europe, France is undoubtedly most famous for food and wine. The cocktails and light bites of Le Pig draw inspiration from the beloved sidewalk cafes of Paris and St. Tropez alike. Guests will recognize some French classics and experience some surprises with a decadent Gallic-inspired menu of small plates and desserts for sharing including:
- French onion soup dumplings – French onion soup base, Gruyère cheese, garlic crouton crumbles and green onion ($14)
- Chicken liver mouse crostini – creamy, rich and indulgent ($12)
- Frenched lamb chops with red wine demi-glace ($22)
- Macaroon tasting plate ($12)
Guests will say “oui” to Le Pig’s French-inspired beverage menu including:
- Amelie’s Suze & Soda – Suze, gin, kumquat-tarragon syrup, lemon juice, lemon twist ($15)
- French Press Coffee Service – Grand Brulot, cold press coffee concentrate, fresh tangerine juice, served with a side of tangerine sweet cream ($16)
- Kir Violette – Chandon Rose, Fleur Charmante, viola flowers ($18)
- Coucou – Stoli Citrus, lemon juice, Earl Grey-lavender syrup, lavender sprig ($15)
- The Sidecar de Provence – cognac, green chartreuse, honey-ginger-thyme syrup, smoked thyme sprig ($16)
Le Pig will open March 17 through mid-June. Hours of operation are Tuesday 5-11 p.m., Wednesday-Thursday 5 p.m.-12 a.m., Friday-Saturday 5 p.m.-1 a.m., and Sunday 5-9 p.m. Reservations are recommended, and the festive venue may be reserved for petite parties to grand fetes any day of the week.
Le Pig is located at 128 East Andrews Dr., NE in Atlanta. For more information, visit theblindpigparlourbar.com.