Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 2/10/20
National Grocer Invites Customers to Experience ‘A Little Italy’ With Unique Italian Products and Ingredients
On Feb. 20, Whole Foods Market customers in New York, Los Angeles, Austin and Atlanta can indulge in an evening of Italian culinary discovery at intimate pop-up dinners co-hosted by the grocer’s cheese, wine and culinary experts alongside
“Our dedicated team members travel throughout Italy to bring the finest traditionally-produced
‘A Little Italy’ dinner guests will also enjoy curated wine and prosecco pairings to complement each of the six courses. At each dinner experience, American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professionals will take on an 80-pound Parmigiano Reggiano wheel-cracking demonstration, all while explaining the craftsmanship that goes into producing the Northern Italian favorite. In addition, during the antipasti course, Italian suppliers will shave prosciutto on-site for sampling and pairing; during the dessert course, trained baristas will expertly pour Allegro Coffee using state of the art La Marzocco espresso machines.
Starting Feb. 13 at 12 p.m. ET, customers can reserve a coveted, complimentary dinner seat—
- Atlanta https://a-little-
- o 33 seats available
Authentic Italian Offerings and In-Store
“If you aren’t able to score a seat to ‘A Little Italy,’ we invite you to experience our extensive assortment of delicious Italian products – all of which meet our rigorous quality standards – at your local Whole Foods Market store,” Strange said. “Visit select stores on Feb. 22 at 3 p.m. local time to watch a hand-selected wheel of authentic Italian Parmigiano Reggiano be cracked live. It’s our annual celebration of the ‘King of Cheeses!’”
Whole Foods Market invites food lovers to live la vita bella by embracing its un
Whole Foods Market shoppers can also enjoy special offers on the following Italian specialties, starting Feb. 12:
· 15% off Bertagni Fresh Pasta – From Bologna, by the oldest producer of filled pastas in Italy. Rich, flavorful, classic easy-to-cook pastas that feel homemade.
· $2 off per lb. IGOR Gorgonzola Dolce – A creamy, tangy blue with a delicate flavor and subtle sweet notes. Matured for at least 50 days.
· 30% off Mitica Parmigiano Reggiano – Hand-selected from specific farms across Reggio-Emilia, Modena and Parma and always hand-cracked in-house. This raw-milk cheese is made from milk collected from autumn through spring and aged a minimum of 24 months.
· $3.99 per lb. Made-In-House Italian Sausage for Prime Members – Spiced to deliver big Italian flavor—add to red sauce, on pizza or as a stuffing for peppers. Choose varieties made from Animal Welfare Certified pork or chicken, in hot or mild. Product not from Italy.