Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 2/23/20
Drift Fish House & Oyster Bar
Tuesday, March 3
Oyster Roasts, Live Music and Exclusive Entrée Specials
To celebrate four successful years in East Cobb, Doug Turbush, chef and owner of Drift Fish House & Oyster Bar, has teamed up with Gate City Brewing Company and The Jeff Mosier Ensemble for a fourth anniversary Bluegrass Birthday Bash on March 3.
Turbush has thoughtfully created three new and exclusive entrées for guests to try. Crab and lobster enthusiasts will be thrilled to devour the All of the Alaskan King Crab Platter or a whole Maine lobster. Guests also will enjoy live bluegrass music from The Jeff Mosier Ensemble and $4 Gate City drafts served on the patio (weather permitting) and at the main bar. Gate City beers pair exceptionally well with the evening’s James River oysters on the half shell and oyster roast specials.
- One dozen James River oysters on the half shell with traditional accompaniments ($16.44)
- Oyster Roast ($3.44 each or $13.44 for a flight of all four options)
- Broiled oysters with Parmesan garlic and lemon
- Broiled oysters with chili, garlic and lime
- Oysters Bienville with shrimp, bacon and mushroom
- Oyster Rockefeller with spinach, bacon and Pernod
- Oak-grilled whole Florida sun shrimp with low country crab rice, tomato jam and shrimp à l’Américaine ($34)
- Whole Maine lobster (1.25 pounds) served Bienville, Rockefeller, steamed or grilled with hush puppies, slaw, corn, potatoes, sausage and drawn butter ($44)
- All of the Alaskan King Crab platter with crab salad, crab bisque, crab leg, crab roll, crab beignets and slaw ($54)