Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 10/31/19
Inaugural Georgia Seafood Festival Announces Celebrity Chef and Judge Lineup
Held at The Battery Atlanta, the Georgia Seafood Festival will feature cuisine from Georgia’s Coastal seafood scene, live entertainment and educational exhibitions
VIP tickets available here
The Fresh District announced today the celebrity chef and judge lineup for the inaugural Georgia Seafood Festival. The Georgia Seafood Festival will take over The Battery Atlanta, 800 Battery Ave SE, on November 9, 2019 from 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. and aims to celebrate Georgia’s booming commercial seafood industry. Festival attendees will enjoy cooking demonstrations, drink eclectic seafaring cocktails, and immerse themselves in interactive educational experiences from the Georgia Aquarium, UGA Marine Extension, and Georgia Grown. A variety of fresh, sustainability sourced seafood, with a focus on Wild Georgia Shrimp, will be available for sampling, along with some of Georgia’s most well-known vendors.
Culinary stars from across Georgia will display live cooking demonstrations for attendees including:
- Chef Pano Karatassos, executive Chef of Atlanta’s acclaimed Kyma restaurant and Corporate Executive Chef of Buckhead Life Restaurant Group;
- Chef Fred Flu, owner of The Fluniversity and featured on Food Network’s Cooks vs. Cons;
- Chef Guy Mitchell, former guest Chef for the White House Chef, former Executive Chef for the Philadelphia Eagles, and creator of The White House Chef Tour;
- And Chef Chantel Mines, Executive Chef at The Lost Druid Brewery and 2nd place winner of the Mason Dixon Master Chef Competition.
Additionally, the following Chefs will compete for a coveted slot in the 2020 World Food Championships in Dallas, Texas:
- Chef Lisa Washington, Good Day Atlanta contributor and Healthy Living Contributor for 104.7 The Fish;
- Chef Scottie Johnson; personal Chef and owner of Blessed and Highly Favored Cuisine;
- Chef Marshall Rodgers; Corporate Executive Chef for Goldbergs Corporation and former Executive Chef for Sweet Auburn BBQ;
- And Chef Joseph Martin, owner of ANGELFIRE7 BBQ and winner of several grilling and smoking awards.
Celebrities and personalities including Brian Jordan, former outfielder for the Atlanta Braves and former safety for the Atlanta Falcons, Mike Cloud, President and CEO of the World Food Championships, Brady Lowe, creator of PeachFest and founder of Taste Network, Cochon555, and Piggy Bank, Linda Carmichael, Founding CEO of FoodTheFire, President Emerita of the Atlanta Food & Lifestyle Bloggers’ Society, and Editor-in-Chief of Do.Food.Better, Delano Massey, CEO and Founder of Jacob’s Eye Marketing Agency, Chef Pano Karatassos and Chef Guy Mitchell will serve as judges send one lucky Atlanta Chef to the 2020 World Food Championships.
Chef Jernard Wells, host of New Soul Kitchen on CLEO-TV, will host the Compete Wells
Cooking Competition – the first qualifying event for the 2020 World Cooking Championships. The winner of the competition will receive a coveted ‘Golden Ticket’, guaranteeing them a spot to compete in next year’s Championships and a chance to win the grand prize of $100,000. Chefs will compete head-to-head in a timed cooking challenge featuring Georgia seafood and local ingredients. Each chef will prepare a judge’s plate scored on execution, appearance and taste and be given one secret ingredient that must be featured in their dish.
“The Fresh District is excited to announce the participation of some of Atlanta’s most talented chefs and celebrity judges for the inaugural Georgia Seafood Festival,” said Delano Massey, festival founder and CEO of the Fresh District. “This festival will give attendees a unique culinary experience that will transport them to Georgia’s coast as they sample some of the freshest seafood our state has to offer.”
The Georgia Seafood Festival is brought to you by the Fresh District and The Battery Atlanta. The Fresh District is a fresh-food movement which promotes fresh, local and sustainable food systems in urban environments and raises up generations of smart, innovative participants in the industry.
General admission to the festival is sold out, however, attendees can purchase tickets that offer a variety of sampling options. For more information and to purchase tickets online, please visit gaseafoodfest.com.