One of our favorite bands right now is the rockin, grunin’, and all-out fun band, The Joy Formidable, from Whales. To our delight, they played a free and intimate concert at Park Tavern where we could hear everything from their big hit, Whirring to Cradle to This Ladder Is Ours. If you’ve never heard them, they have a fresh, electronic sound that mixes grunge and rock elements with some of the best guitar and drums to come out in the new Millenia. The highlight of this detour was, of course, meeting Ritzy, the lead singer of the band! She had a beautiful accent and had some nice things to say about Atlanta. #girlcrush! The other highlight was getting to see our favorite Atlanta band, Today the Moon, Tomorrow The Sun play with one of our favorite rock bands!
Without adventure, civilization is in full decay.
Alfred North Whitehead
- 16TH ANNUAL PARTY IN THE KITCHENSeptember 11, 2019 - 10:43 pm
- 14TH ANNUAL SCARECROW HARVESTSeptember 9, 2019 - 9:06 pm
- 2019 SLOW FASHION SYMPOSIUMSeptember 9, 2019 - 7:03 pm
- BLOCK PARTY AT THE BIRD: LADYBIRD’S 5TH ANNIVERSARY PARTYSeptember 8, 2019 - 8:08 pm
- 2ND ANNUAL ATLANTA MIMOSA FESTIVALSeptember 5, 2019 - 11:30 pm
- HOLY SCHNITZEL! OKTOBERFEST ATLANTA 2019 IS BACK!September 3, 2019 - 10:35 pm