Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 4/17/23
All things Mother’s Day
Sun., May 14, 11am-3pm – Mother’s Day Brunch at The Americano
Guests are invited to a special Mother’s Day celebration at Atlanta’s Italian Steakhouse, The Americano, helmed by celebrity chef Scott Conant. The restaurant will serve Mother’s Day specials including Dungeness Crab and Stuffed Lobster with crab & shrimp stuffing, arugula salad and charred lemon, along with its newly launched Sunday brunch menu, featuring house-made favorites including Steak & Eggs, Wagyu Beef Cheek Hash, Pasta al Pomodoro, a tableside Bloody Mary Cart, and much more. Guests will enjoy live music by Dan Coy. Mothers will be honored with complimentary welcome champagne upon arrival at the hotel, a rose and a hand massage in The Great Hall. Plus, kids can make pressed flower art for their mothers at the craft table. Brunch reservations are encouraged and can be made by visiting OpenTable or by calling the restaurant at 404.946.9070.
Sun., May 14, 11am-3pm – Lazy Betty’s Mother’s Day Brunch
Treat mom to a brunch at Lazy Betty this Mother’s Day! The acclaimed restaurant will be offering a brunch tasting menu with optional sparkling wine pairings, created specially for the day. The menu will feature four savory courses and dessert, with the option for supplemental courses including caviar, truffle risotto and scallop pithivier. Brunch is $165 per person, and wine pairings are $115 per person. Reservations can be booked here, and guests are invited to purchase a bouquet for mom made by the restaurant’s florist, Tracy Shepis, at the time of booking. The menu includes:
- Grilled Avocado with charred citrus, green goddess & spicy greens
- Truffled French Omelette with black truffle butter, chive & mushroom duxelle
- Smoked Salmon with potato latke, soft poached eggs & brown butter hollandaise
- Charcoal Grilled Westholme Wagyu with porcini & egg yolk tartelet & sauce bordelaise
- Cheesecake with lemon cremeux, raspberry foam, citrus tuile, meringue & raspberry sorbet
Sun., May 14, 10am-2:30pm – Mother’s Day Brunch at H+H
Hampton + Hudson serves weekend brunch every week from 10am-2:30pm, and to celebrate Mother’s Day, they’ll offer food and drink specials for the occasion, including “Mama Mia!” – honeysuckle vodka, bitters, orange, & sparkling rose, “She’s a Lady” – Empress gin, strawberry, lemon & soda, and mimosas.
Sun., May 14, 11am-2pm – 3nd Annual Hatters High Tea with B.M. Franklin & Co.
This Mother’s Day, Buckhead Village’s venerable hat-making company B.M. Franklin & Co. will host their third annual Hatter’s High Tea event, celebrating all the mothers and powerful female figures in our lives. Guests will have the opportunity to choose from a wide array of haberdashery, including feathers, lace, flowers and vintage hardware, to create a one-of-a-kind custom headpiece alongside classically trained artisans at B.M. Franklin & Co. This year the event will also feature the incredible Julia Pistsova, founder of the renowned KiKi Bisous atelier. With her expertise in women’s wear and costume design, Julia will be joining B.M. Franklin & Co’s Brandon Franklin to help create a bespoke fascinator that will leave everyone awestruck. Guests can also Indulge in scrumptious high tea, mouthwatering appetizers and refreshing cocktails sponsored by Grey Goose to help provide a little spark for each participant’s tea and creativity. Tickets are $150 per person.
Mother’s Day Specials at Sugar Shane’s
To celebrate Mother’s Day, the newly opened Sugar Shane’s is offering a selection of delectable dessert flavors.
- Carrot Cake – spiced carrot cake base, toasted oats, butterscotch chips, cinnamon buttercream filling, cinnamon drizzle
- Lemon Lover – lemony cookie with white chocolate, vanilla buttercream and lemon glaze
- S’mores of Love – decadent dark chocolate cookie with graham crackers, milk chocolate chips & a fluffy toasted marshmallow topping
- Momma’s Shortcake – strawberry shortcake cookie with white chocolate chips, freeze-dried strawberries, golden Oreos & strawberry drizzle on top
MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH BUFFET AT SERENA PASTIFICIO
WHERE: Serena Pastificio, 1197 Peachtree Street, Suite 140, Atlanta, GA 30361
WHEN: Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th, 11 AM – 3 PM
Serena Pastificio in Colony Square in Midtown Atlanta will be offering a special Brunch Buffet menu on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th, bringing together a lavish offering of assorted meats, cheeses, fruits, and breads, specialty dishes and pastas, classic brunch items, carving stations, salads, side dishes and vegetables, and Italians desserts. The brunch is available for $60 per adult and $20 per child under 12. Guests may also add the Mimosa Special, featuring a bottle of Prosecco with orange, blood orange, and grapefruit juices, for $40. Full menu of Mother’s Day Brunch offerings can be found HERE.
ATLANTA RESTAURANTS TREAT MOM TO A MEMORABLE MOTHER’S DAY MEAL
From Prix Fixe Menus to Lavish Brunch Buffets, Atlanta Chefs Raise the Bar for Mom’s Special Day
Mother’s Day is May 14, and Atlanta restaurants help guests show their appreciation for all the love and hard work mom puts in by treating her to special dining experiences. From classic Southern dishes to sweet desserts and handcrafted cocktails, Atlanta chefs are going all out to make the day memorable. Note that prices listed below do not include tax and gratuity unless otherwise specified, and reservations are encouraged.
- This Mother’s Day, Gypsy Kitchen is open normal hours offering a variety of delicious features. For a savory breakfast option, shakshuka combines tomato, roasted red pepper, potato and a poached egg atop toasted bread for $15. For something heartier, guests can opt for the brisket hash featuring crispy potato, poached eggs, brava sauce and gremolata for $18. For a lighter option, the grilled vegetable salad is a refreshing blend of mussels escabeche, poached shrimp, local lettuces and creamy sherry dressing for $20. Make reservations online.
- The Southern Gentleman offers a variety of delicious dishes for a perfect Mother’s Day brunch. To start, guests can indulge in blueberry and Meyer lemon muffins served with whipped spiced butter. The main course brings several tempting options including the classic double-patty cheeseburger, half butter-poached lobster and grits and braised prime short rib “pot roast” hash. Guests can finish the meal with a delicious dessert such as vanilla bean cheesecake with bourbon and brown sugar pineapple compote. The prix fixe meal is $65 for adults and $32.50 for children. View the full menu and make reservations online.
- For a tantalizing taste of the sea, look no further than The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill. For Mother’s Day, the Buckhead eatery will be serving a special of seared yellowfin tuna topped with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and flavorful ginger soy glaze complemented by a sauté of green beans and baby carrots for $26.95. Make reservations online.
- Livingston Restaurant & Bar, in the historic Georgia Terrace hotel, is serving an indulgent Mother’s Day brunch buffet in its grand ballroom from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Highlights include a decadent selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts including poached shrimp, roasted beef tenderloin, brown sugar-cured ham, grilled asparagus with saffron aioli and red velvet cake. Guests also will enjoy live entertainment, and mothers will receive a complimentary rose. The cost is $95 for adults, $47.50 for children 5-12 and free for children under five. Two hours of self-parking is complimentary. Make reservations via OpenTable, and pre-payment is required.
- At the intimate Westside sushi restaurant Omakase Table, executive chef Leonard Yu invites moms to have their palates pampered on Mother’s Day. Yu seeks out the freshest ingredients that he meticulously crafts for guests. On Mother’s Day and every day, patrons experience simple things in the moment and an intensely personal connection to the chef and the food he prepares during this revered dining experience. Omakase Table is located at located at 788 W. Marietta St. NW; reservations can be made online.
- Ray’s in the City makes mom feel special with a family-style menu served 11 a.m.-7 p.m., featuring house-smoked salmon, signature seafood gumbo, holiday Neuske ham, crab cakes, Southern-style baked mac and cheese and Georgia peach cobbler. The cost is $80 per person. Reservations are required and can be made online.
- Instead of long waits and the hectic brunch atmosphere, guests can treat mom to a Mother’s Day evening to remember at Southern Belle, the beloved restaurant known for its delicious cuisine and charming Southern hospitality. The Poncey-Highland eatery will be open from 4:30-8:30 p.m. offering an exclusive tasting menu and an exceptional culinary experience for mom. Alongside its traditional wine pairings, Southern Belle also is offering a delicious rosé flight to celebrate—three different rosés from three different regions so mom can explore an array of vinification methods and varietals. Tickets are $107, gratuity included, and seating is limited. Reservations can be made online. Please note that Georgia Boy will be closed on Mother’s Day.
- Ray’s on the River honors mom with an award-winning Mother’s Day buffet from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. for $80 per person. Highlights include starters of fresh spinach dip, Charleston she-crab soup and Caesar salad; entrees such as eggs Benedict, slow-roasted prime rib and Faroe Island salmon; and Oreo bread pudding and Key lime pie mousse for dessert. Reservations are required and can be made online.
- Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails’ all-day Mother’s Day menu boasts a tempting selection of starters, entrees and desserts. From the rich and creamy piquillo pepper crab bisque and classic Caesar salad to the croissant French toast, Nashville hot pickle fried chicken sandwich, Parmesan and black truffle carbonara and strawberry shortcake trifle, the courses are as diverse as they are delicious. The price is $59 for adults and $29.50 for kids, and hours are 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Reservations can be made online.
- Treat taste buds to a luxurious dining experience with delectable dishes at Ocean & Acre. The wild striped bass served with farro black rice, green garlic and tangerine ($38) is a perfect blend of flavors and textures, and the twin lobster tails stuffed with lump crab, shrimp and bok choy sesame butter ($50) is a must-try. The coconut flan with apricot drizzle ($11) is a creamy and decadent finale. Make reservations online.
- Ray’s at Killer Creek helps families show appreciation to the moms in their lives with an award-winning Mother’s Day buffet from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. for $80 per person. Highlights include starters mini crab cakes and house-smoked salmon; entrees such as Big Green Egg brisket and potato hash, Ray’s signature shrimp and grits and holiday Neuske ham; and Georgia peach cobbler and Oreo bread pudding for dessert. Reservations are required and can be made online.
- This Mother’s Day, 5Church Midtown or 5Church Buckhead invite guests for an unforgettable culinary experience. Both restaurants offer a Mother’s Day buffet from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. with the last seating at 7:30 p.m. Guests can indulge in an extensive selection of mouthwatering dishes that will satisfy even the most discerning palates. The buffet is priced at $60 per adult and $20 per child (12 and under). Make reservations via OpenTable at 5Church Midtown or 5Church Buckhead.
- For the Mother’s Day gift that keeps on giving, families can surprise a mom who enjoys her wine with a membership to Postino WineCafe’s Wine Cult. For a limited time, Postino’s is offering 20% off the cost of a membership when using code MOM20 to purchase online. And if mom is craving a meal from Postino WineCafe, the Buckhead and West Midtown locations will be open serving a menu of brunch favorites including ricotta fritters with apple butter, raspberry and Madagascar vanilla caramel and the morning remix with scrambled egg, crème fraiche, Parmigiano Reggiano, chives, crispy fingerling potatoes and a side of bacon. Brunch is served from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. followed by regular menu service until 10 p.m.
Worth the Drive
- Families can whisk mom out of town to celebrate Mother’s Day in style at Milton’s Black Mountain located in the Monte Vista Hotel. For $60 per person ($20 for kids), the sumptuous lunch buffet features an array of delicious starters including tomato bisque, avocado toast, and goat cheese and asparagus frittata. The selection of entrees is equally as impressive with roasted Joyce Farm chicken, carved beef tenderloin and baked salmon. Among the sides are creamed corn, herb-roasted new potatoes and grilled broccolini. Desserts offer a sweet finish chocolate torte and Key lime pie. Reservations can be made online.
Take Mom to the Magical World of Oz at Amore e Amore
Step into the World of Oz on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th for a unique and magical dining experience at Amore e Amore. Opening early at 3:30 p.m, Oz fans are invited to indulge in Amore e Amore’s specialty Mother’s Day prix fixe menu featuring Pappardelle Sinatra, Shrimp Scampi, Lamb Osso Bucco and more including an intermezzo and glass of bubbly. The full a la carte dinner menu available featuring seasonal and signature favorites will also be available. For more information or to make a reservation, visit www.amoreeamore.com or call 404-600-2176. Amore e Amore is conveniently located at 467 N Highland Ave. NE Atlanta, GA 30307. Stay connected on Facebook and Instagram at @eatamoreatl.
Spoil Mom with Brunch or Dinner at Bully BoyBully Boy is opening early at 11 a.m. and serving a special brunch perfect for moms with a love for the sea this Mother’s Day, May 14th. Located just off the BeltLine next to its sister restaurant, TWO urban licks, this local gem boasts a kaiseki-style menu made for sharing featuring local coastal seafood and fresh produce that is ideal for sharing. With an easy-going, garden-like atmosphere, guests are invited to explore artfully presented starters and sushi, delicious entrees, vegan options and more. Bully Boy’s full list of wine, sake, beer, and seasonal and signature cocktails will be available. A Concentrics Restaurants concept, Bully Boy is located at 828 W10 Ralph McGill Blvd, Atlanta, Georgia 30306. For more information make or to make a reservation for Mother’s Day brunch between 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. or dinner beginning at 4 p.m., visit www.bullyboyATL.com or call 678-904-5607. Stay connected on Twitter and Instagram at @bullyboyatl, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BullyboyATL.
Spend Quali-tee Time at Boone’s on Mother’s DayOn Mother’s Day, Sunday, April 9th, Boone’s is celebrating moms during brunch and dinner with signature favorites and new seasonal offerings that are sure to be her cup of “tee”. With a spacious covered patio overlooking Bobby Jones Golf Course, guests are invited to take in the view as they explore Boone’s chef-driven menu defined by local availability featuring health-focused, sustainable ingredients. A neighborhood designation with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, their brunch includes crowd favorites like shrimp and grits; salmon croquette eggs Benedict, chocolate hazelnut croissants; seasonal strudel; avocado toast and more. For dinner, Boone’s has something for all tastes, from small bites, salads and shareables like the Spanish octopus, house pimento cheese and sliders, to must-try entrees including the bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, Atlantic scallops, and saffron tagliolini primavera. Along with their new spring cocktails and award-winning wine menu, Boone’s will have their classic Bobby Jones cocktail and plenty of craft beers on tap from local breweries. Boone’s is located at Bobby Jones Golf Course 2205 Northside Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30305. For more information or to make a reservation, call 770.835.4267 or visit boonesatl.com. Stay connected on Instagram and Facebook at @boonesatl.
Give Mom the Gift of Dining at Dantanna’sSit back and relax, because Dantanna’s is whipping up a delicious Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday, May 14th beginning at 11 a.m. A favorite Buckhead destination to grab a great meal and cocktail, diners can explore their expansive Bottomless Brunch Menu or order items a la carte including shrimp and grits; traditional or red velvet waffles; breakfast tacos; biscuits and gravy; and their signature chorizo skillet featuring two sunny side up eggs, smoked gouda, and pico de Gallo. Welcoming parties large and small, guests can dine in the bar, dining room or on the dog-friendly patio. Dantanna’s full all day menu and wine, cocktail, and beer offerings will also be available. Dantanna’s is located at the Shops Around Lenox, 3400 Around Lenox Dr. Suite 304, Atlanta, GA 30326. For more information or to make a reservation visit www.dantannas.com or call 404-760-8873. Stay connected on Facebook at Facebook.com/dantannas and on Twitter and Instagram @dantannas.
Treat Mom to Bottomless Brunch at DBA Barbecue A family-favorite haunt in Virginia Highland, DBA Barbecue is raising a glass to moms everywhere with a new brunch menu and bottomless mimosas, bloody marys and brunch beers for $15. Known for its hickory-smoked barbecue, friendly atmosphere, and approachable menu, brunch-goers can sink their teeth into an array of mouthwatering offerings including DBA’s Big Cinnamon Roll; Two Eggs Your Way; Cinnamon Crunch French Toast; Pork or Brisket Hash; the Sunrise Breakfast Bowl and more. D.B.A. Barbecue is located at 1190 N. Highland Avenue NE Suite B Atlanta, Georgia 30306 and is open for lunch and dinner Tuesday through Sunday and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday. For more information, visit www.dbabarbecue.com or call 404.249.5000. Stay connected on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/dbabarbecue and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/dba.bbq.
Celebrate Mother’s Day Weekend at Chastain Park Spring Arts FestivalChastain Park Spring Arts Festival will return to beautiful Chastain Park on Park Drive in Buckhead on Saturday, May 13 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14, 2023, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. An ideal destination to bring the family and pups, the award-winning, two-day festival is free to attend and features more than 185 painters, photographers, sculptors, leather and metal craft artisans, glass blowers, jewelers and more. Eventgoers are also invited to view artist demonstrations and enjoy “Feelgood in the Park” DJ sets from the Captains of Revelry, a children’s area, and food trucks and beverages for all tastes. The Chastain Park Spring Festival (4469 Stella Drive, Atlanta, GA 30327) takes place rain or shine and is open to all ages. For more information, please visit www.chastainparkartsfestival.com and www.affps.com.
Bring Mom to Brunch at ENZO Steakhouse & BarOn Mother’s Day Sunday, May 14th, enjoy ENZO Steakhouse & Bar’s new brunch menu created by Executive Chef Andrea Montobbio. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., guests are invited to celebrate the special women in their lives while exploring the restaurant’s new weekend brunch offerings including wood-fired baked eggs; Italian French toast; smoked salmon flatbread; farm egg soufflé; fried chicken and waffle with pistachio gelato, sweet pangrattato and maple syrup; pasta, build your own steaks and eggs, oysters, and much more. At 5 p.m., diners can end Mother’s Day on a high note with Montobbio’s expansive dinner menu boasting bold flavors, hand-made pastas and sauces, choice cuts of steaks, chops, fresh seafood, plant-based dishes and more. An impressive wine, cocktail and beer program along with rotating works from acclaimed will only add to the experience whether dining inside or alfresco on the dog-friendly patio. ENZO Steakhouse & Bar is located in the Town at Trilith at 300 Trilith Pkwy, Suite 230, Fayetteville, GA 30214. For more information, visit enzo-itl.com or call (770) 756-9188. Stay connected on Facebook and Instagram at @enzoitl.
Wine and Dine Mom at TWO urban licks Conveniently located on the Atlanta BeltLine and boasting a spacious, dog-friendly patio, TWO urban licks’ fiery brunch and dinner offerings will give Mom something to smile about this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., guests are invited to listen to live music while enjoying a mix of brunch specials and go-to favorites including their coveted Salmon Chips, Biscuits and Gravy and, of course, the Fat Elvis French Toast – banana stuffed, tempura fried, and topped with bacon maple syrup. For those wishing to celebrate Mother’s Day later in the evening, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., Executive Chef Jay Swift will be serving his new spring menu filled with seasonal and signature dinner offerings. As always, TWO’s expert team can guide wine, beer and cocktail enthusiasts through their celebrated wine and spirit menu. For more information or to make reservations, call 404.522.4622 or visit twourbanlicks.com. Stay connected on Instagram at @TwoUrbanLicks and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TwoUrbanLicks.
Mother’s Day Jazz Brunch at Wild Heaven Beer West EndBeer and brunch-loving moms can get their fix at Wild Heaven Beer’s West End location this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14th. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., chef Noah Johnson will be serving easy breezy brunch and lunch staples from waffles to avocado and egg tacos to ground steak patty melts that are ideal for noshing while in the expansive brewery or the dog-friendly patio located on the BeltLine. Moms can pair their meal with brews on tap, in bottles, and cans created by Eric Johnson, Wild Heaven’s award-winning brewmaster, along with EDB-mosas, seltzers, coffee from FiNCA to FiLTER Coffee Bar and more. Live jazz begins at 2 p.m. Wild Heaven Beer West End is located at 1010 White St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310. For more information, visit https://wildheavenbeer.com or call 404.254.2232. Stay connected on Instagram @beerwildheaven.
Sunday Funday for Moms at Wild Heaven Beer Avondale Moms are invited to Wild Heaven Beer’s Avondale location for an unforgettable Sunday Funday on Mother’s Day, May 14th. From 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., all skill levels are invited to bring their mats and participate in a free yoga class led by instructor Kristin Bergquist. At noon, the taproom opens, and the Mushroom Market featuring growers, foragers, and vendors specializing in mushrooms will kick off. A local chef will begin serving eats at 1 p.m. and music will follow as the Mushroom Market winds down at 2 p.m. Wild Heaven Beer Avondale is located at 135B Maple Street, Decatur, GA 30030. Stay connected on Facebook at www.facebook.com/wildheaven or on Instagram and Twitter at @beerwildheaven.
Sugar Factory Atlanta invites guests to treat their mom to a decadent New York Cheesecake dipped in rich dark chocolate this upcoming Mother’s Day weekend. Topped with whipped cream, chocolate-covered strawberries, a raspberry macaron and edible gold, this delicious dessert is the sweetest way to show the moms in your life that you appreciate them. $21