Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 10/9/23
Underground Atlanta Welcomes “Haunted Underground: A Bar Experience” The Spectacular New Interactive Halloween and Horror-Themed Scare Bar
Get ready to embrace the spine-tingling chills of the Halloween season like never before! Underground Atlanta is thrilled to announce the grand opening of a one-of-a-kind, immersive Halloween and horror-themed scare bar, designed by a talented film crew currently sidelined due to a strike. Uniting their creative prowess, Haunted Underground promises to bring a truly chilling experience to Atlanta.
1. Film Crew’s Haunting Expertise: The creators behind this sinister masterpiece are industry professionals who have worked on some of the most iconic films. Now, they’re channeling their cinematic talents into crafting an unforgettable, immersive experience at Haunted Underground.
2. Eight Unique Areas: Brace yourself for an array of chilling environments, each with its own terrifying theme that will transport you into a world of horror and leave you breathless.
3. Specialty Cocktails: This 21+ experience encourages guests to sip on devilishly delicious specialty cocktails expertly crafted to complement the eerie atmosphere. These concoctions are designed to add an extra layer of thrill to your night.
4. DJ-Infused Dance Floor: Dance the night away on a spacious dance floor where top DJs will spin spine-tingling beats, keeping the party going until the early hours.
5. Interactive Horror: Expect the unexpected as you interact with live actors who are sure to send shivers down your spine. Engage in heart-pounding scenarios and escape from the clutches of terrifying creatures.
Lead designer, Ron Hammond, explained, “We wanted to create a space that incorporated every type of horror film genre from the widely known to the cult classics. The Red Room or “Blood Lounge” was greatly inspired by the 2018 film Suspiria, a remake of the 1977 Italian supernatural horror film of the same title. The high ceilings, eerie etched glass art ladies (that only the sharpest eyes will catch) and sprawling wooden beams give just a hint of the space’s history while still keeping attendees engaged with all of the eye popping scary décor. The main dance floor space was a continual evolving target and in the end is your Twisted Metal, Killer Clowns from outer space and where Stephen King’s IT fantasy comes to life under 20-feet of black light spider web. If it’s an all-night mesmerizing dance party with your friends, or a lounge vibe so unique you look like you’re on the set of next season’s American Horror Story, there’s a space for everyone.”
Whether you’re a horror enthusiast or simply looking for a unique Halloween experience, this scare bar promises to deliver an unforgettable night of frights and delights. Come dressed in your spookiest attire, as costumes are encouraged for a surprise! This is the perfect opportunity to unleash your inner ghoul or monster.
“My partner, Vishal Sharma, and myself are very excited to be investing in Underground Atlanta to create multiple ventures in both restaurants and nightlife. We decided to start with a unique concept that will change every four to six weeks so that it is constantly engaging the audience. The Halloween experience bar will eventually shift into a Holiday experience bar and our team will continually be adapting to stay fresh,” said co-owner of Haunted Underground Eyal Reisin.
Don’t miss your chance to experience the horrors of this spine-chilling scare bar designed by the very artists who bring nightmares to life on the big screen. Underground Atlanta welcomes you to a Halloween season like no other.
Reisin is also the managing partner of several of Georgia’s hotspots including Ember Lounge, Churchill’s British Pub, City Bar, Bar South, Veranda and Koo Koo Room, as well as being an investor of Nowak’s, Establishment and Supply & Demand.
- Location: 76 Wall St SW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (located at the top of the Peachtree Fountain Plaza)
- Hours of Operation:
- Thursdays – Saturdays starting at 8:00 pm
- Sundays starting at 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 31st starting at 6:00 pm
For updates, ticket information, and more details, please visit Eventbrite