SUMMERHILL ANNOUNCES FEBRUARY FEATURES INCLUDING FOOTBALL SPECIALS AND VALENTINE’S DAY DINNERS
Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 2/2/23
Neighborhood Restaurants Offer Snacks for the Big Game and Romantic Ideas for Valentine’s Day
During February, Summerhill businesses invite visitors for exclusive menu items, entertainment and self-care. Guests can start the month by exploring the offerings from small businesses and restaurants on Georgia Avenue and take advantage of the following special features:
- Feeling the need to be refreshed and rejuvenated? Aviary brings beauty and wellness to Summerhill with Amiee McArthur’s Artisan Beaute Botox pop-up on Thursday, February 2nd from 5:30-8:00 p.m. There will be snacks, bubbles, a raffle to win services valued at $350 and more! Call 404-313-3383 for appointments.
- Everyone needs a hero, and Hero Doughnuts & Buns comes to the rescue with a taste of New Orleans. Hero Doughnut’s king cakes are made to order from scratch, and guests can place orders online 48 hours in advance.
- Hot Dog Pete’s does not want the weather to slow down game-day plans. The eatery invites guests to build a hotdog, grab a beer and catch their favorite teams on the big screen on its covered and heated patio.
- How Crispy, the walk-up-window sandwich shop that offers a menu of chicken sandwiches, nuggets and more, has new, indulgent items on the menu this month. To get things cluckin’, the eatery is offering specials for the big game on Feb. 12 such as original and lemon pepper wet nugget trays with nuggets that are dipped in hot sauce and dusted with lemon pepper spice, sandwich packs and their famous Buffalo chicken dip trays served with seasoned tortilla chips.
- Guests are invited to “Little Bare at Little Bear”—a sexy Valentine’s prix fixe dinner with optional booze packs on Sunday, Feb. 12 and Wednesday, Feb. 15. The four-course prix fixe dinner is $50 per person, and four-course booze pack pairings are $50 per person. Non-alcoholic beverages and gluten-free and vegetarian options also will be available. Get in the mood for love and make reservations online.
- From the heart of passionate bakers and using local and quality ingredients, Little Tart is bringing love through Valentine’s Day cookie boxes. A box of 12 cookies—six strawberry cookies topped with peppercorn sables and six rose petal and orange peel cookies topped with pistachio, orange and rose sables—comes with a love note for $35. Orders may be placed online for pickup or shipping. Too short on time to order? Don’t fret. Cookie boxes will be available to purchase at all locations the weekend before Valentine’s Day.
- Wood’s Chapel BBQ, the go-to destination for hearty food for festive gatherings, has a special party platter offering just in time for the big game. The game-day platter serves eight hungry fans and boasts smoked wings, hot smoked sausage, pimento cheese and more for $88. In addition, Wood’s Chapel offers other packages with mouthwatering options such as sliced or chopped brisket, St. Louis-style ribs, smoked chicken, braised greens and mac ‘n cheese. Place orders by calling 404-522-3000.