Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 2/5/24
Thriving Community Offers an Exciting Month with Valentine’s Day Events, Game-Day Catering, and More
This February, the vibrant neighborhood of Summerhill in Atlanta is buzzing with diverse and exciting events and specials, making it the perfect destination for locals and visitors alike. From catering for the big game to unique culinary experiences and Valentine’s Day celebrations, there’s something for everyone in this community.
- Big Softie invites guests to celebrate Valentine’s Day with soft-serve cakes (see below), available for pre-order in both classic and vegan options starting Feb. 2. Valentine’s Day soft-serve bars also will be available the weekend before the holiday.
- Cava is now open in Summerhill. In January, the neighborhood welcomed the popular fast casual eatery that serves Mediterranean-inspired bowls, pitas, dips, and more. Cava is located at Summerhill Station at 572 Hank Aaron Dr. SE.
- Junior’s Pizza is packed with activities and specials including its pizza of the month. The Rick Reuben is available in regular, veggie, and vegan options. Don’t miss Junior’s regular Trivia Tuesdays at 7 p.m. and Drag Bingo on Feb. 14 and 28.
- Little Bear celebrates its fourth anniversary on Saturday, Feb. 24, with a bar takeover night in collaboration with Dampfwerk Distillery from Minnesota. The Loeffelholz family, who runs the distillery, will be present to mingle and interact with guests. Guests can expect an exciting cocktail menu, $4 birthday cake shots, and $4 caviar bumps.
- Press Shop has a lineup of engaging events including a charm necklace pop-up with Prettiest Lobster on Friday, Feb. 2 from 5-8 p.m.; Cook Book Club on Thursday, Feb. 8 at Little Tart Grant Park, featuring dessert-themed books and East Fork pottery; Fiction Book Club on Wednesday, Feb. 28, discussing “The Rachel Incident” by Caroline O’Donoghue; and Knitting Circle Group on Thursday, Feb. 29 from 7-9 p.m. Special items during the month include chocolates from Spring + Mulberry and Condor, bath bombs and soap sets from Even Keel, a selection of wines, and a jewelry drop from Agapé Studios.
- Wood’s Chapel BBQ gears up for the big game with mouthwatering catering services. Known for its authentic barbecue flavors, Wood’s Chapel promises to make game day celebrations unforgettable with smoked wing trays, game-day platters, whole smoked brisket, spicy deviled eggs, and more. Visit the website for the full menu and to place an order.