Posted by Liz and John Attaway, 4/17/22
Buckhead Speakeasy Channels Jungle-Meets-Beach Vibes
with Tropical Décor, Refreshing Drinks, and Island Bites
The Blind Pig Parlour Bar dives into summer with another immersive pop-up designed to whisk guests away to an alluring tropical island state of mind. The Playa Pig will serve up tropical chic, jungle disco vibes inspired by Tulum, Mexico, along with tempting drinks and a menu of Yucatan-themed bites.
The Buckhead speakeasy will rearrange its Victorian décor to entice those longing to get away to a wild, wanderlust escape. Guests can look forward to creative, refreshing cocktails served with treats and sweets inspired by the unmistakable flavors of the tropics.
Food items will include:
- Al pastor empanadas with pineapple marmelada
- Florida rock shrimp fritters with Meyer lemon aioli
- Tropical fruit parfait with coconut chia seed pudding and macadamia gravel
- Squash quesadilla with shaved zucchini, queso Oaxaca, pickled serrano, escabeche
- Carolina Gold Poblano Rice Fritters
- Polvorones: Mexican wedding cookies
Tropical cocktails and shots include:
- Dressed shots with fruit and Tajin. Selections include watermelon-infused blanco tequila, mango-infused reposado tequila, and pineapple-infused mezcal
- Ginger watermelon margarita with blanco tequila, watermelon juice, ginger syrup and lemon juice
- The Jungle Revival with gin, Lillet rosé, pamplemousse, lemon juice, and atomized absinthe
- Prickly Mule with vodka, prickly pear, lemon juice, and ginger beer
- Yucatan spritz with gin, Aperol, and lemon, topped with blanc de blanc and orange slice
- Green Chile Michelada with Mexican-style lager, green chile mix, cucumber juice, and lime juice
- Playa Breakfast with blanco tequila, Dolin blanc, chile vinegar, lime juice, honey syrup, cucumber juice, and fresh mint
- Bikini Bottom with pineapple-infused bourbon, lemon coriander syrup, lemon juice, and pineapple
The Playa Pig will be open Wednesday-Saturday beginning April 21 from 6 p.m. until late. Reservations are strongly recommended. Walk-ins are available at the bar on a first-come, first-served basis. The Playa Pig may be reserved for small parties and special events any day of the week.
The Playa Pig is located at 128 East Andrews Dr., NE in Atlanta. For more information, visit theblindpigparlourbar.com.